Interested in a diet that improves health, promotes weight loss, and makes you feel happy and active? Diet could be the deciding factor for health and happiness. The following 5 essential elements should be present in the foods, that are part of your diet. These not only make us healthy but also feel great, and for this purpose, these diet plan is termed as happiness diet.
The diet works with body mechanisms, and a good diet works in synergy with body mechanisms. It also tackles weight maintenance and the waistline. The foods listed here promote a healthy weight loss, by absorption of fats and burning of excess calories and it also elevates mood that makes us feel great. Most of us are aware that diet rich in sugar content, rich in fats and refined or processed foods, promotes ill health at the same time increases waistline and makes us feel depressed.
Although, low carb and high protein diet can promote weight loss, the absence of certain essential elements make us unhealthy and feel unhappy. Magnesium, calcium, iodine, dietary fiber and Vitamin D naturally elevate the mood. The inclusion of foods which are rich in complex carbohydrates, good fats, essential minerals, vitamins, and dietary fiber, found in whole grains, fresh fruits and leafy green vegetables in the diet make us to feel great and control weight without much effort. Researches feel that Modern American diet is too rich in protein and devoid of good fats, complex carbohydrates, and vital minerals, vitamins and dietary fiber. It contains processed foods, refined grains, too much sugar, industrial fats and excess animal protein, that can lead to imbalance in body mechanisms and depression.
Include the following 5 vital elements in the foods,
1) The mineral magnesium is well known for the proper functioning of nervous system, which provide relaxation and enhances the mood. It is one of the elements used in the treatment of depression. Lack of magnesium in the diet lead to sleeplessness, fatigue, depression and anxiety. The best available source for magnesium in foods is sunflower seeds, flax seeds, whole grains, beans and leafy green vegetables.
2) The mineral calcium is one of the main elements for mood elevation. The correct levels of calcium helps to release good neuro-transmitters, and the deficiency of calcium leads to anxiety, depression, impaired memory and irritation. It also leads to hormonal imbalance in women, and weight gain as well as increases pre menstrual disorders in women. The calcium rich foods are Cabbage, spinach, kale, cauliflower, collards and almonds.
3) The Iodine is very essential element, which stabilizes the health of thyroid, and the low activity of thyroid is associated with weight gain, ADHD, poor memory, migraine, poor energy, infections, cancer, and infertility. Iodine rich foods are potatoes, sea weeds, cranberries, strawberries, navy beans.
4) Dietary Fiber rich foods are considered as mood boosters, which could be added for weight loss benefits and enhances mood. The rich content fiber foods prevent inflammation and block the sudden increase in blood sugar levels, thereby helpful for diabetics and cleanse the gastro intestinal tract. The diet low in dietary fiber is associated with depression. The dietary fiber rich foods are green leafy vegetables, oats, finger millets, whole grains and fruits.
5) One of he most essential Vitamin is Vitamin D. Low levels of which is associated with developing a risk for certain type of cancers, memory loss or dementia and depression. In the winter season, people are often getting sick due to less exposure to sunlight. The exposure to evening sunshine or sunlight converts cholesterol present in the skin into Vitamin D, which promotes good skin health and prevents infections. The best source of Vitamin D is evening sunlight and the food like fruits, Shitake and other mushrooms, walnuts, cashew nuts, and vegetables.
Try increasing these ‘happiness’ elements in your diet and let us know how you feel.